Cooking with new ingredients is important to keeping meals at home exciting. I find that I sometimes forget about beautiful cuts of pork such as the tenderloin when I’m doing my weekly meal planning. It is not just a tender piece of meat to eat, but delightfully versatile and surprisingly inexpensive.
To accent the spicy, zesty pork recipe I decided against a mashed potato and opted for mashed parsnips. Parsnips have a luscious floral and citrus taste that is beautifully accented by coconut milk and paprika.
The combination of these two dishes is reminiscent of traditional comfort food with a gourmet twist.
Spicy Pineapple Pork Tenderloin
1 Pork Tenderloin Approx 2lb
1 C. Fresh Pinapple
1/2. C. Water
1/2 Red Onion
2 Tbsp Honey Mustard
1 Tbsp Granulated Garlic
1 Tbsp Dry Parsley
1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Pre-Heat oven to 375 degrees. Remove Tenderloin from package, pat dry, and place in roasting pan or baking dish.
2. Rub meat down with dry spices and honey mustard.
3. Cut Pineapple into 1″ pieces and slice onion into think half moon pieces. Arrange Pineapple and Onion around the tenderloine.
4. Add 1/2 C. water to the bottom of the baking dish.
5. Bake for approx 35 min or until pork is Medium or has an internal temperature of 155degrees.
6. When the tenderloin reaches temperature. Remove from oven, cover with foil, and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
7. Slice 1″ wide medallions and serve.
Coconut Mashed Parsnip
1/2 C. Coconut Milk Drink (unsweetened)
2 Tbsp Butter
1/2 Tsp. Smoked Paprika
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Wash,Peel, and chop parsnips. Place in small pot with cool water.
2. Bring water to a boil and cook parsnips for 20min or until fork tender.
3. Drain parsnips and return to cooking pot. Using an immersion blender or stand blender mix parsnips with coconut milk, butter and spices.
4. Serve and Enjoy!