Happy Valentine’s Day! I have a rich and delicious shrimp scampi dip to share with your love. There is a healthy amount of garlic, so it may be a dip for you long time lovers or those wanting to take your relationship to the all important next level, garlic breath.
1 Lb Medium Shrimp
2 C. Shredded Mozzarella
1 C. Sour Cream
8 oz. Cream Cheese
1/4 C. Butter
1/4 C. White Wine
3 Cloves Garlic (pressed)
Juice of 1 Lemon
1/2 Tsp Paprika
Salt and Pepper
- Clean and prepare shrimp by peeling, de veining and removing tales. (Or buy them already cleaned).
- Mix Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, and 1 cup of shredded Mozzarella in a bowl and set aside for later use.
- Heat a large sauce pan on medium. Add butter to the pan. Once the utter has melted, pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel and add to the pan.
- Season shrimp with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Press garlic cloves and add to pan along with the juice of one lemon.
- Stir the shrimp to turn over and expose the other side to heat. Add white wine.
- When the wine begins to bubble and shrimp are fully cooked, turn off the heat.
- Add Cheese and Sour Cream mixtures to the pan. Gently stir until it becomes fully incorporated.
- Pre-heat oven to 375. Put Dip into a 10″ round baking dishes.
- Add the remaining cup of Mozzarella to the top.
- Bake for 15 Minutes, or until the top is brown and the dip beneath is bubbling.
- Serve with sliced baguette toasted and un-toasted.
” A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you on the seat.” -Old New York Proverb