There is something to be said about how easy a salad is to put together. We just had our first few days of 90 degree weather in the valley, so actually cooking didn’t sound very good. This was a really good dinner and myself and my house stayed cool. This is probably coming a little early for those of you who are just seeing spring, but hopefully the longer days have brought sunshine and this quick recipe will let you stay out and enjoy the sunshine a little longer.
2 C Baby Spinach
2 C. Chopped Kale
2 C. Arugula
1 Apple (Pink Lady or Gala Apple)
1/2 C. Feta
1/4 C. Dried Cranberries
1/4 C. Walnuts
1/4 C. Finely diced red onion
1/4 C. Balasamic Vinegar
1/4 C. Avocado OIl
1 Tbsp Honey
1 Tsp Paprika
1 Tsp Granulated Garlic
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Pepper
- Thoroughly wash greens by filling a sink or bowl with ice water. Let Greens stand for 10 minutes in ice water. The dirt will come away and sink to the bottom. Remove from water, lay on towel, and pat dry.
- Cut greens into small bite-sized pieces and add to bowl.
- Dice Apple and onion into very small pieces.
- Add Apple, onion, feta, walnuts, and cranberries to salad.
- Mix dressing ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- When ready to server; dress and toss salad.