I’m all in on the cauliflower craze. I already loved cauliflower and could eat it roasted or steamed any day of the week, but all the creative ways it is being used get me really excited. Rice, taco shells, mashed, and crusts make trying to eat healthier so much easier. I really don’t do deprevation, so when I was craving deep dish pizza, I brought out the food processor and got to work with cauliflower. This was so delicious, and totally gave me my pizza fix.
1 head Cauliflower Medium
1/2 C. Shredded Mozzarella or Pizza blend
1 Tsp Granulated Garlic
1/2 Tsp Oregano
1/2 Tsp Parsley
1 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash cauliflower and break it up into small pieces that fit in the food processor.
- Pulse in food processor until you have very finely chopped pieces. (think rice)
- Transfer cauliflower to microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 6min.
- Let cool. No really, I burned myself pretty bad trying to rush this.
- Place cooled cauliflower in thin kitchen towel, and ring out the water. Put some muscle in it. The amount of water in a head of cauliflower is astounding.
- Transfer cauliflower back to a bowl, and mix cheese, egg, and seasoning into it.
- Take a spring form pan and coat with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Dump crust mixture in side and press into pan working it up the sides.
- Bake for 20 minutes without toppings inside.
- Fill with toppings, and bake for 10-15 more minutes.
1 21oz Can Tomato Puree
1 C. Water
1 Tbsp Butter
1 Tbsp Granulated Garlic
1 Tbsp Granulated Onion
1 Tbsp Parsley
1 Tsp Oregano
1 Tsp Sugar
Salt and Pepper
- Dump all ingredients into a small sauce pan, and simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally to keep the bottom from burning.
- Good luck with the mess.
Pizza Toppings (Anything you want, but I loaded up with veggies and meat)
1 C. Shredded Mozzarella
Grated paremsan (As much as you want)
1 c. Sliced Cromini Mushroom
1/2 Red onion
1/2 Sweet Italian Pepper
1/4 c. Diced Pepperoni
1/4 c. Diced Prosciutto
1 Tsp Olive Oil
- Prepare vegetables by cleaning and slicing into small pieces.
- Dice pizza meats.
- Heat a large skillet and drizzle olive oil in the pan.
- Add diced vegetables to the pan and stir until they begin to soften.
- Add Diced meat, and cook until the meats are just heated.
- Don’t fully cook this mixture because it is going back in the oven. I like to give everything a head start because I really hate biting into raw ingredients on my pizza.
- Layer cooked toppings into cooked cauliflower crust.
- Add a layer of cheese, and top with pizza sauce.
- Finish with parmesan, and bake on 425 for 10-15 minutes.