Traditional Greek Salad Recipe
This recipe is so bright and delicious. Every bite conjures up feelings of sunshine and summer. The best part about this recipe is that it is so easy to put together.
Servings 6 People
- 1 Cup Cucumbers Peeled and diced
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes Roma or grape will also work. Choose what is best looking at the store.
- ½ Cup Green Bell Pepper About Half of a large pepper.
- ¼ Cup Red onion Thinly sliced. About ¼ of a large red onion
- ½ Cup Pitted Kalamata Olives
- ½ Cup Feta Cheese Crumbled
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 1 Tsp Granulated Onion
Combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, fresh lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in a small mixing bowl and stir.
Greek Salad Instructions
Wash tomatoes, cucumber, and green bell pepper by rinsing under cool water. Rub them gently as you rinse to remove any dirt and pat dry on a paper towel or clean dish towel.
Cut cucumbers into thin half-moon pieces.
Cut grape tomatoes in half.
Remove the seeds and ribs from the green bell pepper and slice into thin strips.
Peel onion and cut into very thin half circles.
Place the tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, and onions into a mixing bowl.
Add crumbled cheese, drained olives, and dressing. Toss the salad until everything has a nice even coating of Homemade Greek Dressing.
Place in the refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes.
- Let salad marinate in the dressing for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Store Traditional Greek Salad in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Cut the onion slices as thin as you can manage so that they soften in the dressing and distribute evenly throughout the salad.
Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 533mg | Potassium: 129mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 236IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 1mg