Grilled Peanut Butter Chicken
This Grilled Peanut Butter Chicken is a weeknight take on one of my favorite restaurant dishes. Boneless, skinless chicken thighs are coated in a satay inspired marinade perfect for grilling. This Thai inspired main comes together in just 30 minutes.
Servings 4 People
Peanut Butter Chicken
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- ¼ Cups Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Wine vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Fish Sauce
- 2 Cloves Garlic grated
- 2 Teaspoons Ginger grated
In a small bowl, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, fish sauce, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger.
Pat the boneless, skinless thighs dry and place them into a food storage bag.
Add the satay inspired marinade to the bag. Then, seal the bag and massage the marinade into the chicken.
Heat a grill or grill pan on medium heat.
Remove the peanut butter marinated thighs from the bag and place it top side down on the hot grill.
Let cook without disturbing it for about six minutes.
Turn over and finish cooking for six to ten more minutes.
- You can marinate the chicken up to one day in advance. A long marinade will not do much for adding flavor, but you can have your meat prepared ahead of time to make the day of cooking easier.
- Whisk the marinade vigorously to make sure the peanut butter is well combined with the other ingredients.
- To keep the marinade from burning, lightly brush vegetable oil on your grill or grill pan and turn down the heat to just below medium.
- Don't play with the meat once it is on the grill. It is best to let the chicken sit over the heat undisturbed.
- If you are making this dish on a gas grill, I would highly recommend a pan for the drippings. The thigh meat can render off a good amount of fat and a drip pan will make clean up much easier.
Calories: 362kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 215mg | Sodium: 890mg | Potassium: 659mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 55IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 2mg