Pork Souvlaki Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 6 Skewers
Delicious bright lemon, garlic, and oregano penetrate perfectly grilled pork souvlaki.Print Recipe
- 2 Lbs Pork Loin Whole, Cubed, or Loin chops
- 1 Large Lemon
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice Juice of 1 Large Lemon
- 1/2 Cup olive oil Extra Virgin
- 1 Tsp Dry Oregano
- 3 Cloves garlic Pressed or minced
- 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- Mix together Marinade. Put half in a large bowl or gallon zip lock back to coat the raw meat, and reserve the second half for basting meat after it is cooked.
- Take pork loin and cube it into 1" cubes. It is best to use pork loin for this recipe. If you can't find a small whole piece of pork loin, purchase thick cut pork loin chops. This will work with pork tenderloin, but it is more expensive, and this recipe is perfect for the less expensive cut.
- Cut lemon into thick slices and then quarter the slices.
- Mix cubed pork and lemons in half of the marinade, and then skewer the pork adding a lemon slice every few pieces.
- Heat a grill pan or your barbecue grill on a medium heat. Make sure the pan or grill is hot before cooking the pork skewers. A hot grill will guarantee nice color and a good sear to keep the natural juices in the meat. Cook the skewers 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Remove pork souvlaki skewers from the pan when they are cooked medium/well. Drizzle with the remaining marinade, and let rest with foil over them for at 5 minutes.