This Whipped Feta Dip is creamy, bright, and the perfect dip to take your summer vegetable tray to the next level. Topped with silky honey and crunchy pistachio this dip is as sophisticated as it is simple.
When hosting a meal or party, veggie trays are a solid add on to any snack table. Substituting or adding this whipped feta will make that party standard a little bit special. It is quick and easy to assemble and can be doubled or tripled to feed a larger group.
Keep it simple when choosing a Feta Cheese.
Feta Style Cheeses vary greatly in price and quality, but generally have a dry texture and a tangy taste. For this recipe, I wouldn’t break the bank seeking out a traditional sheep milk feta from the specialty counter. When I splurge on specialty cheeses, I want to taste what I paid for.
I recommend sticking to a less expensive feta that is widely distributed to your everyday grocery store. These commercial products are made with cows’ milk and tend to be more mild.
Whipped Feta Dip is a great make ahead recipe that will spruce up the appetizer table and keep you out of the kitchen during a party.
I love a recipe that can be thrown in the food processor, and be made a day or two ahead of time. Cold dips are a great way to round out a snack table and take the stress out of hosting. This Feta Dip can be made ahead of time. Take the dip out of the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to serving to soften. Add the chopped pistachios and honey at the last minute for a perfect garnish.
Do you need a food processor to make Whipped Feta?
This dip can be made without any special equipment. Use a hand mixer or a stiff whisk to combine the ingredients. Be sure to mince or press the garlic cloves before adding them to the dip.
“Age is not important unless you’re a cheese.” –Helen Hayes
Whipped Feta Dip
- 1 Cup Feta Cheese
- ½ Cup Cream Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- ½ Teaspoon Paprika
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Pistachios Chopped
- Take Cream Cheese and Feta out of the refrigerator 15-20 minutes prior to making this dip to soften the cheeses.
- Add feta cheese, cream cheese, lemon juice, garlic cloves, paprika, salt, and pepper to a food processor bowl.
- Use the pulse button to blend the ingredients. Scrape the side of the bowl and pulse again to make sure all ingredients are well combined.
- Scoop Whipped Feta Dip into a small bowl. Use a spoon to make an indention/ small well in the middle of the dip. Drizzle honey into the center of the dip.
- Chop a few shelled pistachios and sprinkle around the edge of the dip for added texture. Serve with assorted vegetable, crackers, and toasted pita bread.