The Holidays are upon us, and parties abound. Nothing says festive quite like a great sparkling punch. I love to put something out for guests that is both beautiful and refreshing, and this Lemon Ginger Punch is an all around winner. It can be made up like a mock-tail, day time work or child friendly or can be served with Prosecco or Champagne.
1 C. Lemon Juice (Freshly squeezed 4-6 lemons)
½ C. Sugar
4 C. Water
4 C. Ginger ale
1 Bundle of Fresh Mint
2 Lemons for garnish
- Squeeze 1 cup of lemon juice, be sure to strain.
- Mix Lemon Juice, Sugar, and Water to get a zesty Lemonade.
- Add Ginger ale.
- Wash and Slice Lemon Rings to add to the pitcher.
- Wash mint leaves and tear off big bundles. Be sure to crush and bruise the mint just a little to help release the flavor.
Serve over ice.
- Mix with sparkling wine for an adult twist.
Super Short Cut
If you don’t want to squeeze fresh lemonade or you want to make a really large amount. Substitute fresh lemonade for a good quality powder mix and squeeze just a hint of fresh lemon juice into the mixture.
“I don’t care. I’ll start my own group. Rejection from society is what created X-men.” Liz Lemon “30 Rock”