This amazing Chopped Almond Banana Bread is a go to sweet in our home. This is mainly because I am always way too optimistic about our fresh banana consumption. I always buy three pounds of bananas at a time, and there are always left-over bananas. I end up literally trying to push bananas at every snack and send them with my husband every morning. I don't care if they get eaten, just don't bring them back. Conversely, if I don't buy the big bunch then some how end up short on bananas. Hard to believe that there could be such a thing as a banana emergency, but it has happened, and there was wailing and tears. Watching me cry over bananas left my toddler feeling very confused. So when I have too many bananas, and they are too brown to pawn off on my unsuspecting victims, I make banana bread.
Is This Really Bread or Just a Banana Cake Pretending to be Bread?
Banana bread is considered a quick bread which means it rises quickly with baking powder or baking soda quickly, unlike a yeast bread which requires time to rise before baking. My daughter insists on calling this banana cake, and she is correct. Cakes and quick bread are one in the same. This chopped almond banana bread is indeed sweet, moist, and cake like.
We Don't Want a Sticky Situation! How to properly line a loaf/cake pan.
There are a few things that make this recipe a tried and true success. First, properly lining the loaf pans is a must. Start by cutting parchment paper to fit the bottom of the pans. Spray the entire inside of the pans with cooking spray or wipe with butter, then lay the parchment down in bottom. this will make sure you can turn the loaves out without leaving any stuck to the pan. Secondly, follow the baking rules, wet ingredients go in all together, and then you add the dry ingredients. There aren't too many tricks, because this banana bread is as easy as baking gets.
If you like breads that are really cake, try this Honey Walnut Zucchini Bread from Vintage Kitty.
If you are here because you are nuts try this Brie and Cranberry Tear and Share from Fab Food 4 All.
If you like a classic bake try my Classic Apple Pie Recipe.
Chopped Almond Banana Bread
- 2 Ripe Medium Bananas
- 2 tablespoon Milk
- 3 Eggs
- ½ C Butter Melted
- 1 C Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 C All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 C. Chopped Almonds
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°. Line and grease 2 loaf pans.
- Melt butter, then mix with ripe bananas, sugar, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Beat well, making sure to whip these ingredients together.
- Sift flour and baking powder together, and then slowly add to wet ingredients. Be sure to mix until the dry ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add the chop nuts and slowly mix until they are evenly dispersed throughout the batter.
- Divide batter between the two loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until the tops are golden and the centers are cooked. you can check the centers by inserting a toothpick. If the bread is done the tooth pick will come away clean.