One of the best things about summer is going to farmers’ markets and street fairs. Mounds of fresh local produce, warm nights, and delicious treats are what it’s all about. One of my favorite things is the Roasted Corn booth, that sells delicious sweet corn with a special Mexican flair. Since I need to eat this more than once a week, I’ve brought this recipe home to my oven so my family can enjoy it whenever we want.
4 Ears Sweet Corn (White or Yellow)
1 Tbsp Butter
1 Tbsp Mayonaise
1 Tbsp Grated Parmesan
1 Tsp Chili Powder
Salt and Pepper
- Pre-heat your oven on 350 degrees
- Clean corn my removing husks and silk. Rinse corn and do a thorough job of removing excess silk. (The shrinking stuff)
- Line a sheet pan with foil. Place corn on pan and cover with foil.
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes
- Mix butter and mayo together
- Once corn is hot, coat in butter, mayo mixture.
- Sprinkle with Chili Powder, salt and pepper and Parmesan cheese.
- Place under broiler on low until the butter and mayo start to bubble slightly and really adhere to the corn.
- Remove from the oven and serve with a squeeze of lemon.
“I have no hostility to nature, but a child’s love to it. I expand and live in the warm day like corn and melons.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson